2007-07-02

CARBONITIS! Smog-of-Soul

By Max Nichols Meredith
2nd July 2007

I’ve been a weird Green,
Since I was sixteen.
But drove filthy trucks,
then bike-couriered amongst the fucks,
Just to get a taste of a London winter diesel fog.
Now 30 years later, I’m in the forests of Prictoria,
Getting’ guilty about my carbon footprint
From my campfire’s logs.

On the road for ten years,
Slept as big-rigs lullabied my ears,
Now it’s a ceaseless drum of logistic inefficiencies.
Rumbling my sleep and seriously fucking
The econom-ecology.

I’ve got CARBONITIS
Smokin’-up-my-nose!
I’ve got CARBONITIS
Gotto Oppie more clothes!
I’ve got CARBONITIS
G’nna learn t’ eat food raw!
I’ve got CARBONITIS
Avoid disease, go for the lowest score!

FOOTPRINT- FOOTPRINT- FOOTPRINT- FOOTPRINT!

Everywhere I look, I see environmental crime!
Most every waking hour I got pollution on my mind!
I butt-bin my smoke butts like a chump,
But everywhere is like a steaming rubbish dump?


“How much carbon did that junk cost from go-to-woe?”
Is a FOOTPRINT question everyone needs to know!

The answer to…., It’s related to

CARBONITIS!
Gotto buy a 2nd-hand motorbike!
CARBONITIS!
Then! Traffic jams can take a hike!
CARBONITIS!
Makes me wanna reduce my consumption!
CARBONITIS!
Where do I buy more gumption?????

I can see a market made for a pile of analysts,
Counselling morons, stressed-out by CARBONITIS!

What’s the carbon cost of that machine that goes “PING!”?
What’s it cost in carbon, just to make the telephone ring!?
How much carbon went into the white coats those blokes are wearing?!
How much to I cost myself in carbon,
Every time I REALLY start swearing??????

About CARBONITIS!
Sending shrinks insane!
CARBONITIS!
Spooky carbon-dated fossils
Trying to fuck with our brains!

We’ll just strap you to this bed,
Then administer this lab-of-pills.
IF YOU REFUSE!? Then we’ll ENJOY
The old knock-out-needle drill!

But doc? I’m not insane!
But doc? Don’t be a pain!
I haven’t got contagious meningitis!?
My fit is a recoil
To Earth’s readiness to over-boil!
‘Cause your mob are killing Her with filthy CARBONITIS!?

She got CARBONITIS!?As well as cuttin’ down Her lungs?
Hertha’s got CARBONITIS!?
Your psyche fascists are denying
Our final song is being sung!

DARK! DARK! DARK! DARK!ATMOSPHERE!!!
Gotto go a 100 miles to breathe some air that’s clear!
Of CARBONITIS!
What network of freight trains?
Free of CARBONITIS!?
On Silver Slides through the Landscape.
Everyone gains!

But after twenty years of writing-all-about-this,
I’m brought to ask the question,
“Who suffers most from CARBONITIS!?”

Is it me and fellow Deep Greens most affected by this consumption-bug?
Or are all the Christian sweeties the ones it has turned into the REAL Planetary thugs???
Spreading CARBONITIS!?
Lah, de dah, de dah!
Spreading CARBONITIS!?
Lah, de dah, de dah!

Does being DUMB about ANY future consequences,
Justify abuse of anything on which we build our mental defences?

For now some scales have fallen from the sealed-shut Christian flock,
But McChristianitis thrives in the drive-thru
CARBONITIS!? Fast-junk parking lot!!!!?

So I see Deep Greens as Wise Medicine Women and Men.
Who dispel untrue demons,
And bring the Tribe back on the Honourable Path again.

Where de FOOTPRINT’s nice-and-Light!
NO BAGGAGE!
For which we’ve always had to fight.
And de Souls of all the Prols,
Are Light enough to,
as One, Lift themselves through,
All weigh-downs, to Heaven!

No more CARBONITIS!?
No more CARBONITIS!?
No more CARBONITIS!?
No more CARBONITIS!?

Up in Heaven, where Dei, Peacefully
And Honourably Govern…,
Their FOOTPRINT…., of Spiritual Carbon.

And never have to repaint their ….housis,
‘Cause they’ve all found Self-Control, thus are free from smog-of-Soul called CARBONITIS!?

CARBONITIS!? Coursing through our veins!
CARBONITIS!? Is a Cul-de-sac,
And we’re in the fast lane!
CARBONITIS!?
Seeking GOD! “out-there!” extracting everything we can,
Jus’ like Christians, putting the weight of blame – ON SOME OTHER MAN!

Reaping wealth with stealth,
By raping “HEATHENS” Land!

Contributing to GLOBAL CARBONITIS!?
Four centuries in the making!
CARBONITIS!?
Entranced oligopolies,
Knew not what they were creating!

FOOTPRINT- FOOTPRINT- FOOTPRINT- FOOTPRINT!

No comments: