2010-02-22

HEY! Computerworld.com.au?

Following reading an article at
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/337009/telstra_ups_data_allowance_pre-paid_next_g/?c=11943

I tried send a comment, as follows in italics, to Computerworld.com.au. But HOHO, the post comment jammed!?

So I'm whacking my comment to Computerworld on this blog and screaming out to Computerworld from the forest to read it!

I use Telstra prepaid wireless broadband mobile rarara, and of late, it's been working well, while expensive, and very questionable as to the legitimacy of charging their prices for just one month's connection, when (the latest) same pre-paid voucher or BPay online purchase, when applied to my cell phone, expires in 2021. YES! 2021AD!!!

No, I am not likely to download 3GB of stuff to my phone, but downloads have nothing to do with expiry times, and besides, 3GB is consumed by updates most months, before the expiry date!


Your article is not very clear, for it appears it doesn't concur with the chart beneath it!

"The $60 recharge option will offer 3GB of data, ..." which is about what I thought I was receiving, each $60 pre-payment?

"Customers must use the new 3GB allowance within 90 days and..."

But the chart says:
$60 - 3GB - 30 DAYS
$130 - 3GB - 90 DAYS.

Is the chart saying that I have to pay $70 more than the
"$60 - 3GB - 30 DAYS" option, for 3GB to last 90 days?

Still a premium scam, methinks!

Clarification of the new offers would be appreciated, from Computerworld.com.au, as trying to get any info on such matters from Telstra is a waste of time, GBs and money.


There's no question that there's something wrong with the article and the chart, or that Telstra is doing the usual and making the news non-decipherable.

But it IS an election year, when EVERYTHING is made indecipherable!