2010-05-17

Further to a blatant internet thief....

Below are 3 emails, two from myself, and the middle one from the "Glomobi" service, which I charge with stealing $30 from my mobile phone account.

A case for the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO), methinks.

Email, sent by me this evening, Tuesday 17th May 2010.

As I gave you, the service which stole $30 from my mobile phone prepaid account, my mobile phone number, why must I provide it again?

Also, no mention is made about refunding the $30 to my mobile account?

I did not ask to subscribe to the Glomobi "plan", and the money ($30) was deducted without my conscious consent, so please refund it, forthwith.

I now have added credit to my mobile phone, so shall do as you suggest, by SMSing the number which stole the $30 "STOP".

However, I am so disgusted with this scam, that I am obliged to contact the TIO in regard to this scheme. $30 is not significant to me, but on a large scale it is a rude scam, which must make the scammers a most unconscionable fortune.

I am convinced this debit from my mobile phone account is theft, and ask once more that something be done to refund the $30 to me.

Yours,

Max Earth
aka Max N Cook

Outlaw, for
Global Land, Tax, Cult, Drug, & Work Law Reform.


Here is the preceding email from the Australian agent for Glomobi:

--- On Mon, 17/5/10, HelpdeskAU wrote:


From: HelpdeskAU
Subject: Mobile Number?SC 19993777_UNSUBSCRIBE
To: "Omaxa bin Eartha" , "HelpdeskAU"
Received: Monday, 17 May, 2010, 8:52 AM



Good Morning,



All our services are mobile phone based. Please provide us with your mobile phone number so that we may unsubscribe you from Glomobi Service.



Alternatively, If you would like to STOP any Premium SMS messages being delivered to your mobile phone – please note

the number from which you have received the SMS message and create a new TXT message containing

only the word STOP to the number you have noted – this will STOP all messages from that service.







Regards

_______________________________________________________



On behalf of Glomobi Administration Helpdesk

Australia

Tel: +61 (0) 1800 008 316



And here's my first email to them, sent a few days ago:

From: Omaxa bin Eartha [mailto:maxadiff@yahoo.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 14 May 2010 11:03 PM
To: HelpdeskAU
Subject: Please unsubscribe my mobile phone



Hi,

I was just robbed of AUS$30 dollars by Glomobi, and want it back.

It stole the money from my mobile prepaid account, but there was only $20 credit in the phone account. I have just recharged it, which usually takes 24 to 48 hours to register, so expect the theft will continue once the phone is credited.

As there is now no credit in my mobile phone account, I cannot UNSUBSCRIBE via SMS.

So, please do whatever Glomobi must to refund the stolen $30 (your protests are lies and delusions), AND, UNSUBSCRIBE my name, any and all of my provided details, and my address and phone number from your system IMMEDIATELY, please.

I am contacting the Internet Ombudsman in regard to this blatant trickery and theft by Glomobi, with the intention of having you organisation shut down, at least in Australia.

I happen to be a member of a dangerously large global organisation, so take notice.

Glomobi and all it's associated companies, are on notice. Take heed.



Yours,

Max Earth
aka Max N Cook

Outlaw, for
Global Land, Tax, Cult, Drug, & Work Law Reform.