2010-06-13

Chinese garbage, Kmart and rip-off retailing at it's worst.

I'd just like to fling a few words around, about products made in China, and sold in K-mart.

I needed a "jigsaw" a few months ago, just to do a few minor sawing jobs. Not needing it for much, I went to Kmart, and blew $22 on a special from OH! China.

Got it back to the ute, plugged it in, and it lasted about 30 seconds, then went zzzzIIIING into overdrive-cause-the gears-fell to pieces!

I broke the warranty, cause I was in the bush, and pulled it apart - unscrewed the self-tappers.

Yep! The gears had disengaged.

Why?

Well, it WAS only $22?

But you'd kinda expect it to work for a few minutes, even at $22?

Further inspection found a design flaw. I attempted to remedy it... but..., zing..., zing..., ZIIIIIIINNNNGG!

Like a false neutral on a Kwaka 2-stroke!

Why????

Why do Chinese manufacturers bother making such shit?

Why does Kmart buying department buy such shit?

Why does Australian Standards allow such crap into the country?

Why do idiots like me play false economics by spending $22 on a $0.50 cent piece of shit?

I thought, in my defense, it would do, for a few small jobs.

The Chinese makers laugh at Kmart for having such idiots in their buying department.

The Australian government and their product Standards section is asleep at the helm, cannot keep up with the crap any rip-off retailer chooses to import and flog to gullible customers, and the Chinese government are a bunch of utter liars when they profess to be going Green at full steam ahead, when they allow their nation's companies to make such garbage, which the makers know will be on the rubbish heap in less than a year.

The Apocalypse?

BRING IT ON...!

If nothing else..., Armageddon will put an end to those irascible bastards who are rooting everything with their demented "planned obsolescence"!

What say you, President Hu Jintao, of China?
Prime Minister Wen Jaobao?

It seems, at least one thing the USA does well, is make GOOD QUALITY tools. But Australia's utterly corrupt Customs department, and whichever department imposes import duties on overseas products (departments owned by the IMF) ensure we pay through the nose for anything of quality here.

Not a problem for the top 25% of Australians.

Also, our IMF governments of the passed 50 years, have used taxation and planning to bring third world nations out of poverty and up to speed in such as manufacturing, and in the process have destroyed all incentives for Australians to manufacture ANYTHING.

Another good reason for us to become a Republic.

But, I'd like to say see ya later China, I'm over the crap you flog us. But I know I refuse to collect my inheritance (What price, Honor!?), and therefore will in future not be able to afford good quality products, like an Apple computer, or a quality angle grinder, or other stuff.

But really, China, after all I've done for you???

It's not too much to ask that you try to lift the standards and quality of your exports.

I talk about ME falling for "false economy" in buying junk products, but the same applies both to the company and to the nation whence it is exported, when the stuff is made so badly that it is almost immediately a waste product.

Markets ain't all good markets......

I hope I can afford a quality angle grinder tomorrow?

Omaxa bin Sawless

Dusty Boots in Darwin NT