2010-06-30

Emails to Opinion Pollsters - not sent

Here's an email I sent out the other day to five or so opinion polling companies

Hi!

I write commentaries on political affairs, and am interested in the effect opinion polls such as your company's have on public voting intentions and outcomes.
There are a series of questions I'd like to ask someone in your company, as we near the 2010 federal election, on "demographics" generally.
If I throw questions at you, polite but straight questions, will someone reply promptly to them with the details, via email, to myself?
I email these preliminaries to you, to save time.
If you aren't prepared to give informative answers, I'll not waste my time beyond these few minutes.
Please respond with minimum delay, because the federal election is my focus for now.
Extended delays will only count as against your being impartial pollsters.

Yours,
Max Earth
aka Max N Cook
Outlaw, for
Global Land, Tax, Cult, Drug, & Work
Law Reform.


Here is the as yet, only response:

From: Nielsen, Eric (of GALLUP polls as it 'appens?)
Received: Tuesday, 29 June, 2010, 3:01 AM

Hello Max,

Thank you for your inquiry. I don’t think the preliminary questions you might have attached made it through our contact form. Please feel free to resend them to me and I will review and advise you on whether we can respond.

Cheers,
Eric
ERIC NIELSEN
Senior Director, Media Strategies


Ripper!

Here's what I composed today, intending to send it back to "Eric".

Thanks Eric, for responding.

The few questions put in the first email, were the "preliminaries", so nothing was "lost" on the way.

I guess, not being a professional in media (I'm a public school autodidact) nor having had the requisite education to know the "PC" route one should take in such communications, the list of questions I have put together may well be outside any parameters of those a large organisation would be prepared to answer.

As you may be aware, Australia was the "victim" of a "coup de ta" of sorts last week, where our elected Prime Minister was ousted, just a short time before we are due to go to a federal election.

His elected party, the Labor party, or a couple of "right-wing factions" are reported to have managed the removal of Kevin Rudd, but I, being rather inordinately influential in our political affairs, have my suspicions?

In the weeks and months prior to this questionable event, our opinion polls and media were playing havoc with the campaigns and with therefore the preferences of voters, such, I have strong "feelings" that, the Prime Minister was not removed from his elected PM's chair by any ethical nor valid authority.

Rather, I have no doubt that the media and their "offshore" masters, namely one Rupert Murdoch and son, and their global cabal, were behind the act.

Opinion polls were integral in this, as they were being done after each event, and their "results" broadcast on our media. A narrow range of media, to say the least.

Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, "questions must be asked" of the veracity and integrity, and of the independence of influential things like.... "opinion polls".

Thus far, I reiterate that I am no expert in any arena, when it comes down to it, but am observant and skeptical of such events and what, or who are really behind them?

From memory, two pinion polls were at the forefront of this affair, Gallup not being one of them. But there are others at which I intend to "gun" so-to-say, because what actually happened last week was quite immoral, quite illegal and a heinous affront to the voters of Australia and to democracy itself, whether here or in any other country.

So..., it cannot be ignored, that media, and their sideline operations, such as opinion polls, have to be lawful, ethical and not allowed to manipulate voter intentions and the parliaments of any nation.

I would be interested in your, or your organisation's views on these points, and perhaps, answers to the few questions that I have.

I am reputed as an Outlaw REALPolitik Journalist (my own "subtitle"), mainly due to a bizarre life and circumstance, so, much of my commentary is "challenging" in the least.

Nevertheless, I recommend you go to my weblog site at
www.maxearth.blogspot.com and preview my thoughts on today's politics, here and abroad.

I have posted a few articles, one which has the questions to opinion pollsters in it, which go to these general matters, fundamentally important matters for everyone who sees the Merit and Worth of Democracy.

Finally, I note your last name is Nielsen. Are you related (1st question perhaps?) to the AC Nielsen research and pollster organisation?

If so, is there any connection between Gallup and Nielsen polling?

(I'm sorry, I operate solo, so often cannot do the research on this type of "next question".)

Being a skeptic, I must ask for some assurance that my non-invasive questions will be answered, once I email them to whomever is appointed.

I cannot emphasize enough the importance to Democracy here and globally surrounding this, these types of affairs and manipulations.

While I operate solo, I do have a strong contingent of fellow Advocates for a more Just world, and I know that this matter will not go unaddressed.

"Head will roll" as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps a naive statement to a global corporation such as you represent, however......... O yaye! Though I go into the valley.....

Don't worry, I'm definitely not a Christian!

Yours,

Max Earth
aka Max N Cook

Outlaw, for
Global Land, Tax, Cult, Drug, & Work Law Reform.

By 6.30pm tonight (now), I reckon it's not worth sending that email to Eric Nielsen. But I'll send an email suggesting he reads the related weblog posts.

It ain't over yet, Murdoch.